Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jason finally meets my extended family

I have been meaning to post about this but i keep forgeting. Jason finally got to meet some of my aunts and uncles. I wish i could say that things are just like they had always been but sadly that is not so. My grandma died 3 years ago and since then my family has never been the same. We have not seen anyone since the funeral, due to some legal issues and my moms brothers and sisters fighting over money.
I grew up with my aunts and uncles being a big part of my life. I mean there were ones that i did not like but there were some that meant the world to me. When Jason and I got married I knew it would be hard and that some might not come, seeing how the lawsuit was still going on but i thought that the aunts that i wanted there would for sure be there for me. Instead all i got was "well see if we can make it" it was so hard on me. I was so angry for so long. Not 1 person from my family showed up to my wedding. I swore that i would not speak to or see them again.
Well this past september was 3 years since my grandma died and i really felt that my grandma was very sad at what happened to her family. All she ever wanted was her family to be together.I know how important that was for her, so i swollowed my pride and went to meet my family where we would always go to eat before we went to the grave site were my grandma and grandpa were buried. It was very weird being there. I felt like i was eating with complete strangers. For the most part everyone was very nice to us. It was just very awkward. I am happy that Jason got to meet some of my family. And there were some that i was very happy to see. They loved Addyson! They welcomed Jason to the family and were very kind. I just did not feel like I belonged there anymore.
It is so sad to me but i really feel that there is nothing that can be done to heal this broken family. There is so much anger and hurt there and they are so prideful. I pray that one day my mom can mend the relationships with her sisters that she was so close with.


My sister and I at my grandma's grave




My Aunt Mary holding Addyson.

1 comment:

  1. What an experience. I am sorry it was so weird for you. But it is good that you went for Grandma.

    ReplyDelete